Community Service Opportunities
Students interested in legal placements should contact the Elizabeth Walsh, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
None available at this time. If you are interested in such a project, please contact the Elizabeth Walsh.
Animal Protective Association (APA)
The APA provides shelter and a second chance for over 6,000 lost and unwanted animals each year. They are committed to building a more humane community through adoption, education, and outreach partnerships.
- Opportunities: Greeter, Animal Care Assistant, Office Assistant, Community Outreach, Adoption Assistant, Special Events, PetReach, Educator/Speakers Bureau, Adult Dog Mentoring Program
- Qualifications/Requirements: Varies
Contact: Peg Belaska, Director of Volunteer Services, 645-4610 ext. 22
St. Louis City Animal Shelter
Pound Pals is a non-profit group of volunteers dedicated to the animals at the City Animal Center.
- Opportunities: assist with care of animals
- Qualifications/Requirements: call for more information
- Contact: 832-8728 or 772-8012, 2120 Gasconade Street, St. Louis 63118
St. Louis Zoo
The mission of the St. Louis Zoo is to "conserve animals and their habitats through outstanding educational and recreational experiences, research and animal management." The Saint Louis Zoo welcomes enthusiastic volunteers who have a love for animals and a passion for serving the people of our community.
- Opportunities: Ambassadors, Animal Nutrition, Docents, Children's Zoo, Special Events, Gift Shops, Information booth and many more.
- Qualifications/Requirements: At least 15 years of age; commit to volunteer at least 30 hours per year; interview and training; additional requirements for certain positions.
Contact: Volunteer Services, (314) 781-0900, ext. 261