Commencement Day - May 20, 2016
This page provides a timeline of events for Washington University School of Law Commencement Day on Friday, May 20, 2016.
SCHEDULE OF COMMENCEMENT DAY EVENTS
This information is subject to change please check back frequently. UPDATES will be posted when available.
University Ceremony - Begins 8:30 a.m.
- The ceremony is scheduled in the Brookings Quadrangle, rain or shine. At this ceremony, degrees are conferred by school. Tickets are not required unless the Severe Weather Plan is enacted.
- University Assembly: 8:00 a.m. - graduates line up for the procession on the east side of Olin Library.
Candidates should march in front of or behind the person with whom they wish to sit side by side (see seating chart). All graduates must be in regalia, hats on, carry hood.
- University Procession: 8:30 a.m. The student divisions will follow the procession leaders according to the order shown on the Procession Order and Assembly Points chart. (the law school is in the second group entering the quadrangle)
Law School Recognition Ceremony- Begins at 11:15 a.m. | WUSTL Athletics Complex, Varsity Gym
- The reception is immediately following the university ceremony in Anheuser-Busch Hall for graduates and guests. (No tickets are needed.) You will find an array of appetizers and drinks to celebrate this momentous occasion with family and friends.
Special Message on Social Media at Law School Commencement 2016: Use #WUSTL16
The law school is supporting the university’s social media plan for Commencement 2016 to Build pride, Celebrate accomplishment, Foster and energize the university community, and Honor tradition across the university and the law school. To help, please use the hashtag #WUSTL16 in your social media posts as you share your special moments, thoughts, goodbyes, and thank-yous.
Click here to sign up for email updates and announcements.
UNIVERSITY CEREMONY INFORMATION
- University Commencement Website - information concerning the University Ceremony.
- University Commencement Viewing Locations - Visitors who wish to remain indoors during Commencement can find closed circuit viewing.
- Commencement water bottle notice - In observance of the Washington University commitment to decreasing the amount of bottled water on campus, we will not be placing bottles of water on chairs for Commencement. We will have limited amounts of bottled water available for our guests from around the world who may not be aware of our commitment to decreasing bottled water usage. Please consider bringing your own bottle of water if you feel you need it.
Jeanetta Nixon | Events Department | firstname.lastname@example.org | 314.935.6551