Information for Guests
2013 December Ceremony
The Chancellor's Recognition Ceremony for December 2013 Degree Candidates
Saturday, December 7, 2013 | Graham Chapel | 1:30 p.m.
Click here for more information.
This page provides information for guests, family members, and visitors who will be attending the 2014 Commencement activities. Please bookmark this page and check back periodically for any updates. Information will be posted as it becomes available.
Please note that tickets are not needed for Commencement in the Brookings Quadrangle or the Law School Recognition Ceremony. Tickets are only required should the severe weather plan be enacted.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE COMMENCEMENT
- How to order announcements - Information about ordering your student's announcements or graduation gifts.
Planning Your Visit
- Hotel Information - Information on where to stay near the university.
- Directions - Driving to Washington University School of Law, Anheuser-Busch Hall.
- Experience St. Louis - Visit and explore the St. Louis area.
For more information click here.
- LL.M. Class of 2013 Commencement Celebration and Dinner - TBA
- Pro Bono Awards for Public Service Hours - Thursday, May 15, 2014
- Clinical Education Graduation Open House - TBA
- Academic Excellence Awards - Thursday, May 15, 2014
WHAT TO KNOW AND WHERE TO BE ON COMMENCEMENT DAY - FRIDAY, MAY 16, 2014
Parking and On-Campus Transportation
Parking will be very limited on the Danforth Campus during the Commencement Ceremonies; please take this into consideration when you are making your plans for the day.
- Danforth Campus Parking information
University Ceremony Information - 8:30 a.m.
- University Processional: begins 8:30 a.m. (the law school is in the second group entering the quadrangle) [order of march]
- University Ceremony: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. approx. (Brookings Quadrangle) (Law students will be acknowledged as a school.)
- Watch University Commencement on the Web - Friends and family can join the celebration without traveling.
- Seating Chart with line of procession - a map of where the schools will be seated in Brookings Quadrangle during the ceremony.
- Special Needs Seating and Access - Information for those needing accommodations ahead of time for any guests or family members with special needs.
- University Commencement Viewing Locations - Visitors who wish to remain indoors during Commencement can find closed circuit viewing.
Law School Recognition Ceremony - 11:15 a.m. (approximately)
- The Law School Ceremony will begin as quickly as possible after the University Ceremony ends (typically about 1/2 hour after). The exact time varies slightly, so guests attending the Law School Ceremony only are advised to arrive and be seated no later than 10:30 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
Law Recognition Processional: begins approximately 11:00 a.m. (Mudd Field)
Law Recognition Ceremony: begins approximately 11:15 a.m. (Law students will receive diplomas.)
- Law Recognition Reception: 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Anheuser-Busch Hall, Crowder Courtyard) You will find an array of appetizers and drinks (beer, wine, soda, water) to celebrate this momentous occasion with family and friends.
- Guests attending the Law School Ceremony will find closest parking in the Snow Way garage. If this garage is full upon your arrival, attendants will indicate alternative locations (see "Parking and On-Campus Transportation," above). Due to the very limited number of parking spaces available on campus, we ask that guests plan to carpool if possible.
- There will be ample guest seating at this ceremony, including reserved handicap-accessible seating and a designated area for guests who wish to take photos.
- Law School Commencement Program (the program will be posted May 2014)
- Special Needs Seating and Access - Information for those needing accommodations ahead of time for any quests or family members with special needs.
- Severe Weather Plan - Information in the event of violent weather (not rain) which will necessitate a change in ceremony locations.
- How to order photos - Friends and family will be able to order pictures from Grad Images.
- Law Commencement Photos - May 16, 2014
- Law School Reception - May 16, 2014
- Pick up Diploma - call 314-935-5976
Future Ceremony dates
December recognition ceremony dates:
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Saturday, December 6, 2014
Saturday, December 5, 2015
Saturday, December 3, 2016
Commencement dates: (University and School of Law)
Friday, May 16, 2014
Friday, May 15, 2015
Friday, May 20, 2016
Friday, May 19, 2017
Events and Scheduling Manager
by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
by phone - (314) 935-7567