Information for Guests
This page provides information for guests, family members, and visitors who will be attending the 2016 Commencement activities. Please bookmark this page and check back periodically for any updates. Information will be posted as it becomes available. (updated 5.5.16)
WHAT TO DO BEFORE COMMENCEMENT
- How to order announcements - Information about ordering your student's announcements or graduation gifts.
Planning Your Visit
- Hotel Information - Information on where to stay near the university.
- Directions - Driving to Washington University School of Law, Anheuser-Busch Hall.
- Experience St. Louis - Visit and explore the St. Louis area.
WHAT TO KNOW AND WHERE TO BE ON COMMENCEMENT DAY - FRIDAY, MAY 20, 2016
Parking and On-Campus Transportation
We recommend guests arrive early before the ceremony to allow adequate travel time from campus parking areas to Brookings Quadrangle. Campus parking is available, but parking is always very crowded on Commencement day. We encourage guests to consider alternate ways to get to campus.
- Accessibility Parking: Click here for more information.
- Campus Parking: Click here for more information.
- MetroLink: the St. Louis light-rail system, is an alternative to driving and parking at the university. Danforth Campus - exit at the Skinker Station (located just east of the Brookings Hall parking lot).
- Law School: One option for families wishing to attend the Law School ceremony is to drop off guests with special needs in the circle off Snow Way outside the first floor of Anheuser-Busch Hall. Guests can then travel by elevator to the third floor, which provides access the main campus. Please note that someone must stay with the vehicle at all times. After dropping-off guests, the vehicle must be relocated quickly to long-term parking. The closest handicapped parking for the law school will be the top level of Snow Way Garage, located just west of Anheuser-Busch Hall.
University Ceremony Information - 8:30 a.m.
- University Processional: begins 8:30 a.m. (the law school is in the second group entering the quadrangle) [order of march]
- University Ceremony: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. approx. (Brookings Quadrangle) (Law students will be acknowledged as a school.)
- Watch University Commencement on the Web - Friends and family can join the celebration without traveling.
- University Commencement Viewing Locations - Visitors who wish to remain indoors during Commencement can find closed circuit viewing.
Law School Recognition Ceremony - 11:15 a.m. (approx.) (immediately after university ceremony)
WUSTL Athletics Complex, Varsity Gym
Law School Reception - (immediately after ceremony)
Anheuser-Busch Hall | Crowder Courtyard, Janite Lee Reading Room and 4th floor
You will find an array of appetizers and drinks to celebrate this momentous occasion with family and friends.
- How to order photos - Friends and family will be able to order pictures
Future Ceremony dates
December recognition ceremony dates:
Saturday, December 3, 2016
Saturday, December 2, 2017
Saturday, December 8, 2018
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Click here for more information.
Commencement dates: (University and School of Law)
Friday, May 19, 2017
Friday, May 18, 2018
Friday, May 19, 2017
Bev Owens| by email: email@example.com | by phone: 314.935.6482